Birth Name: Mendel Berlinger
Name Change: Milton Berle
Nickname: Uncle Miltie and Mr. Television
Birth Date: July 12, 1908
Death Date: March 27, 2002
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Baby Blue
by Kermit Goell and Francis Craig (l947)
"There's just one place for me,
It's like heaven for me to be,
"The Texaco Song"
"Oh, we're the men of Texaco
We work from Maine to Mexico
There's nothing like this Texaco of ours.
Our show tonight is powerful.
We'll wow you with an hour-ful
Of howls from a showerful of stars.
We're the merry Texaco men.
Tonight we may be showmen,
Tomorrow we'll be servicing your cars"
Did you know...
- He was a founding member of the Friars Club of Beverly Hills in 1947.
- He was the first major star in television to have the nickname "Mr. Television."
- NBC signed him to a 30 year television contract in 1951.
- He held the Guinness Book of World Records for greatest number of charity performances.
- He performed in silent film, vaudeville, radio, motion pictures, and television.
- He was a Lyricist for over 300 songs.
- He had a collection of 5 to 6 million jokes.
- His career lasted over 75 years.
- He was married four times, twice to Joyce Matthews